March 9, 2020
- Improved face recognition for greater suggestion accuracy and unidentified faces clustering. On initial run, a status message stating "rebuilding face clusters" will appear at the bottom right of the task bar in the application.
- Fix to geo-tagging feature to address OpenMapServer API issues.
- Uses new Microsoft runtime for recognition engine.
February 7, 2020
- Added a “Cancel” button to the library folder rules window.
Added a “Update Metadata” button in the Settings view.
- Metadata importer correctly reads MWG regions when the unit attribute is missing.
- MS Photo region treats “.” character as a decimal separator regardless of locale.
- Title and Description treated as separate metadata fields; allows more flexibility in adding metadata.
November 14, 2019
- New feature to "Force Write" image metadata to selected image(s). Access at the File menu of the Photo Viewer utility, as well as via file or folder selection in Windows File Explorer (WFE) using the shell extension.
- Regenerates individual image thumbnails in People View, Suggestions View and Unidentified Faces view (if missing).
- Improved image metadata formatting issue based on user feedback. Output from TTP is now completely compatible with applications that read/write MWG metadata correctly, for example, jAlbum and GeoSetter.
- Improved “Regenerate All Thumbnails” to effectively respond to use cases.
October 22, 2019
- Imports MWG face regions in the iMatch format to resolve compatibility issue reported by user.
- Implement a new shell extension feature to force a re-scan of all images in a folder. To use, right-click on a folder and choose "Force re-scan of all images in this folder”.
- Fixed bug causing system to “hang” in specific user scenarios when writing metadata.
- Fixed a bug where an image was sometimes erroneously removed if multiple libraries pointed to the same folder and one library was removed.
September 27, 2019
- User able to select log level from Settings. Higher trace levels require more space but offer more detail when trouble-shooting a user issue. No need to modify from the Tag That Photo Default setting unless user is experiencing an issue.
- Photo Viewer description expanded to maximum of 2,000 chars and displays on multiple lines.
- People Chooser allows searching for any character in a name rather than "starts with". This will allow searching on last names.
- Modification to location/address module for improved mapping to the four (4) available metadata fields.
- Fix crash bug on People Details Face Gallery screen.
- Improved import of images that are pixel-level duplicates of other images but have differences in metadata.
August 30, 2019
- Added a feature to completely rebuild the face thumbnails database. Choose File->Rebuild Face Thumbnail Database.
- Added a switch in Settings that enables option to write face names to metadata keywords.
- Writes face regions & names in both MWG and MS MPRI formats.
- Writes face names to IPTC "PeopleInImage" location.Reads from EXIF & IPTC description.
- Reads and writes "DateTime Taken" in EXIF and IPTC locations.
- Reads and writes Keywords from EXIF and IPTC & XMP locations.
- Reads and writes GPS & Address information from / to EXIF/IPTC/XMP.
- Changed toggle styling on batch-tagging screen to use radio buttons instead of styled link text.
- Stability improvements.
- The Photo Viewer dialog enables batch tagging of images.
- Photo Viewer allows modification of image Date / Time Taken.
- Photo Viewer allows modification of image Description / Caption.
- Face names now import as keywords.
- TTP no longer displays empty pop-up window when typing in a text box and there are no suggestion results.
- Fixed bug where the People View filter box wasn't resetting after leaving and returning to the screen.
June 10, 2019
- Improved synchronization between background operations propagating to the front-end UI.
- Greatly improved speed on scheduled folder scanning. Initial scans will not be affected, but subsequent scheduled scans are faster as Tag That Photo now only checks for a change on the file last write time vs comparing a pixel hash for every image being tracked.
- Newly detected images in a folder are processed first; then changed items; then removed items.
- Fixed bug where certain accented characters were not being properly handled in the People Chooser view.
- Fixed bug where a confirmation prompt generated an endless stream of confirmation boxes, depending on certain factors.